1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Kelly Clarkson's label sabotaging her new CD?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jun 16, 2007.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Talkin' 'bout my generation?

My generation?

2. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Not a problem. I still enjoy the Coldplay, BTW.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

There is that.

Definitely true.

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Yea, all current music sucks from The Arcade Fire to Bloc Party to Iron and Wine to Modest Mouse to the Shins to Elliot Smith, they all suck. Thanks, Junkie for finally setting me straight on how all music these days sucks.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I'll admit that you have me there. At the same time, that says much more about record companies trying to sell what's sexy instead of, you know, good music.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Commercial success does not mean quality.

That being said, Clarkson has staying power, and I can see her selling out stadiums in 10 years if she's still performing.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

She is trying to nuke her record deal. She wouldn't be the first artist who did so.

8. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Kelly Clarkson is doing much better here in Canada. She has been hitting top 10 here in Canada. I know that there was the documented story about Clive Davis not liking the CD because of the songs. Apparently, the bulk were about being jilted by love. Clive did not even want Never Again as the first single, let alone released. Does anyone know if Raine Meida and Chantal Kreviazuik produced on this cd again, or even if Ben Moody (Evanescence fame) worked with her on this.

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Well, being as Modest Mouse is still putting out new albums 10-years after I saw them live, I would say that they are still around and kicking.

Also, as listening style changes, what does it matter how many people are willing to buy tickets to listen to the band. That is the same argument that I hear from my Rangers fans when talking about the Devils, "They don't sell out their stadium. They suck!"

10. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Not the most flattering photo of Ms. Clarkson: http://gofugyourself.typepad.com/go_fug_yourself/2007/06/post-1.html

"We love you, but from what we hear, your third album needs a little more help than the others did; wearing a terribly ill-fitting shirt and painting a bird on the crotch of your even MORE terribly ill-fitting pants isn't the best way to convince me to buy it."

Draft saved Draft deleted