1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Kelly Clarkson's label sabotaging her new CD?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jun 16, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

This stuff fascinates me.

http://music.yahoo.com/promos/topevents/

After reportedly turning down $10 mil from Clive Davis to scrap her new album, her lead single has stalled at no. 21 on the charts, she's cancelled her summer tour and she's fired her management. What are the odds everything here is being orchestrated by Clive? How tough would it be to "encourage" radio not to play her new song? How tough would it be to deflate actual ticket sales and/or underpublicize the tour enough to cause its cancellation? How tough would it be to fire her management for her and tell her to go along with the ruse or else?

There's a helluva book to be written about the Idol experience and how the reality is so much different than the pap we get fed to us every week.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The new single sounded pretty good, and I had heard nothing about her career being troubled. This is strange.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Forgot to mention that there seems to be a pretty good buzz about the contents of the album. It's being called this decade's Jagged Little Pill. That, uhh, that did pretty well, didn't it?

Plus, you've got to figure the curiosity factor would assure good sales/airplay. Who doesn't want to hear the mousy-haired cute girl from American Idol get all pissy and bitchy?

It just seems that the new single by someone who was literally the most played artist in America a year or two ago would need some serious help in order to tank like this.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

She's cancelling tourdates because of poor ticket sales... Something is going on indeed

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

LOL!

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I love the new single, and I intend to buy the CD when it comes out later.

Fuck her fucking label. Fucking asshats.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I had heard the exact opposite.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well you are stupid then!!!

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Yea, only I can mis-use then and than. :D

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And the cheesy.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

It wasn't misused. I was making the point I've always been stupid.

Draft saved Draft deleted