1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is It Wrong to Avoid Handing Out Halloween Candy??

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Oct 29, 2013.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Little bastards are worse than telemarketers.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

There should be no reason for a parent to go to the door with a kid who is older than 3.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah. Most of the time, I hate kids. All of them. YES, EVEN YOURS, WHICH IS UNDOUBTEDLY THE MOST ADORABLE KID ON THE PLANET!!!!!

But I do make an exception for Halloween, at least recently. Maybe because I get to use a fog machine and turn it into a drinking event.

Starting Friday, though, all kids are back to being evil.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

You run your mouth but still manage to post on every thread I start.
    Kind of like egging my house on Halloween night.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'd say 3/4 of the kids who show up at my door are the ones with no costume, almost some facial hair, and a Kroger plastic bag. But in my neighborhood, you don't piss off the teens. So candy it is!

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

We've found Fart -- he is a woman in North Dakota who is handing out letters that say your kid is too fat to get any candy.

http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/23823811/woman-handing-out-letters-not-halloween-candy

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, in our old neighborhood we'd get 10-o-clock doorbell-ringers (which in Halloween-kiddie-time is the equivalent of 4 a.m.) in hoodies in their early 20s ... with no kids. Probably looking for Marlboros, but sadly all I'd have is the dregs of the candy jar.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

*coughs*

9. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Awesome.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I'll be working. No one will stop by the desk.

If one chooses to view it this way, problem solved.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Plans are still up in there air, but I *think* my 4-year-old son and I are going trick-or-treating for the first time. We'll see how he likes it.

12. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I've lived in high rise buildings with few kids for the last 20+ years. I've only ever had one trick or treater - an infant. The kid was in costume and very cute but too young for candy. Obviously the mom was going to eat it. What a scam.

Draft saved Draft deleted