1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it too early for a 2016 NFL draft thread?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 31, 2015.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Or spend the third rounder you were going to trade on a QB who very well could be equal or better to the first 2-3 off the board.

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Me too. Paxton's performance in the bowl, as well as Goff's, could be a big difference. Goff looked really good and has shown stretches of being a good prospect. But someone will fall in love with Lynch for his size and potential.

Ex-scout: Goff a top-five pick, Paxton Lynch the better prospect

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know, I like Goff, but I've seen too many passers with great mechanics and size flop in the league. Throw in the Air Raid offense Cal runs...
    Goff and Lynch are at the top of the class mainly because it is a very weak class.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Just wait until the sixth round and draft a future Hall of Famer. Worked for the Patriots.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

No doubt. Probably wouldn't uses a top-10 pick on either of them. But someone will.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Elliott is making some money today. He'd look good in the Titans backfield.

7. Mr. Sunshine

So where will McCaffrey go? Have to think after his Rose Bowl performance someone will take a flier on him the second day of the draft.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He's got another year. He's a true sophomore this year.

BDC99 likes this.
  9. Mr. Sunshine

WHY DIDN'T ESPN TELL ME THAT?!?

Anyway, that's what I get for notpaying much attention to West Coast football. Good luck to the kid not blowing out a knee next season.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

They were just talking about him at halftime and Galloway predicted first round. Kanell said no. Not that I give a shit what those clowns say. I'd lean more toward mid-second/early third. And my fingers will be crossed that McCaffrey can keep it up and not get hurt next year.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

FWIW, Kiper has him No. 5 among QBs, after Lynch, Goff, Connor Cook and North Dakota State's Carson Wentz.

Draft saved Draft deleted