1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

is it bitchy.....?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Nov 23, 2006.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

for my wife to always rail against football on tv during thanksgiving? it's become an 18-year rant. you'd think she'd just accept it by now, right?

ladies? gents?

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Shockey my friend, you should know by now she will NEVER accept it.

And Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

i suppose. i guess i just wish i wasn't the olnly one she's vent to.... it's not helped by the fact that we're the home team this year, so she's stressed out to begin with. oh, yeah, and it's my family coming.

it's all my fault. i should just suck it up.

happy thanksgiving to you, too, spnited, my bud.

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

The only time it's bitchy is if you don't help with a damn thing: if you don't help with shopping, food prep, cleaning and entertaining, she's got every right to bitch.

If you help out as much as you can (or, in some cases, as much as she'll let you), then all bets are off.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

If you think it's bitchy for her not to have accepted it in 18 years...shouldn't you have accepted she's going to bitch?

Goes both ways. :D

6. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Comcast digital cable/Tivo/whatever technology - record it during the meal then fast forward during commercials and stops in play allows you to catch up for the second or third game. You can earn bonus points for being there for the meal and catch up on what you missed before the next one.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

good point.

also, since i'm disabled, everything falls on the mrs., although my fam is bringing everything except the turkey and sweet potato concoction. i'm well aware of how much the mrs. has on her plate. but the nfl games bitching goes on whether we're the home team or not and took place even when we were the home team and i was healthy enough to pitch in mightily.

oh, well. i know i should never complain about the mrs. she's a real gem.

my bad. i was weakened by the latest kvetch.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Aw, it's OK shockey.

Just throw a few hundred smiles at her and you'll be fine.

:D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) [/shockey]

9. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Well 18 years of bitching would be enough to get on anyone's nerves... :)

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

i should also clarify: there's no football watching during the meal. most of the fam pre- and post-meal are in the living room, sans tv. a few men are in the den at that time, checking out the game, but it's not as if we're glued to the tube.

the rant of the mrs. is simply about railing over why these games are such an accepted part of the fabric of a family holiday. i agree with her point, bbut just don't see the sense in beating your head against the wall of what is a traditional part of the holiday.

i think i best shut up now.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

i heart you, ijag. ;D ;D ;D

12. My brain hurts.

Draft saved Draft deleted