1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Georgia In Play For Obama?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Jun 9, 2008.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

The point is pretty simple -- there are plenty of examples throughout history of "inexperienced" people becoming excellent presidents and vice versa.

And you know why?

Because there is no job like it -- and even the most "experienced" people in government need a year or two to fully grow into the job -- I mean Bill Clinton spent 12 years as the governor of Arkansas -- which being governor is as close to the experience you can get -- and he still struggled his first few years until he learned the ins and outs of the job.

Experience, when it comes to electing presidents -- or public officials that matter -- is over rated, and given what we usually get from lifelong politicians in Washington -- it is probably more of a negative than a positive.......

2. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Will's analysis was all right, until ...

Grover Fucking Cleveland? Is he serious? I'd like to know Will's definition of a "sensible citizen."

Then again, given that Joe Lieberman is considered an example of sensibility among Will and his Beltway cohort, I shouldn't be surprised.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Ol' George must have been getting tired.

Or he was overcome from the fumes from the dry-cleaning he'd picked up and was
    delivering back to Nancy Reagan.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Oh, Naaaaaanccccy....

[​IMG]
    George Alfalfa Will, 1954.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Solid. Damn solid.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Though it would appear the original topic of the thread got off track, this is very, very interesting.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/stories/2008/06/19/mccain_obama_georgia.html?imw=Y

EDIT: So this was mentioned on the news and notes thread, but I figure it pertains here too. So there!

Draft saved Draft deleted