1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Erik Bedard this big of a jerk?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by WaylonJennings, Aug 17, 2007.

1. What do most reporters do when he's antagonistic?

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Great article. And it shows you don't need much cooperation from your subject to write a great article.

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

When Carlton started opening up to the press after he retired, we quickly understood why he kept his yap shut all those years. Wonder if Bedard has similar views.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Obviously it becomes a quick Q and A session, since his A's are at best 3-4 words. He's not necessarily a bad guy or a whacko, he just sometimes gets intentionally uncooperative. And so you then go to his teammates for something. Apparently he's mad that a few years ago the media reported some unnamed teammates questioning the legitimacy of an injury, and ever since... . Again, not a bad guy per se, but definitely not someone you're buddy-buddy with. He's not long for Baltimore anyway.

5. dargan

dargan Active Member

Q: Is Erik Bedard this big of a jerk?
    A: He is a baseball player, so ...

6. dargan

dargan Active Member

I know, I was waiting for that. You're justified, buck. Small town Dixie League Baseball skewed my view growing up, so to speak.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I haven't heard one good word about the kid from any beat writer who has spoken to him.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Nailed it.

First thing I thought when I read it was he learned at Mussina's knee before the original "stupid question ... next" boy moved on to the Big Apple.

Draft saved Draft deleted