1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Entourage so bad now that it doesn't even get a thread?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spinning27, Jun 26, 2007.

1. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I actually enjoyed the show - a good half-hour of fluff, like Entourage has always been. The Ari stuff was great - and Billy Walsh is growing on me by the episode.... the Drama stuff was OK, but predictable.
    Nice cameo by Anthony Michael Hall pissing off the hotel balcony, though.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I liked last week's episode (the mock documentary) but thought the latest episode sucked... If I never have to see Billy Walsh (pretending to be Vincent Gallo) it will be a good thing...

3. I despise Billy Walsh. His character ruins whole episodes for me. I am very disappointed in the turn this show has taken. I still watch it out of habit, but it's not must see for me anymore. They have taken a lot of the things that made the show so funny and crammed it down our throats in excess (mainly, anything involving Drama) to the point that I rarely find myself even getting a chuckle out of entire episodes.

I'm ready for Friday Night Lights to return.

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Tonight's episode was a mess.

The soccer betting shit was horrible to watch.

5. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I only saw about half of the episodes last season and have only seen one in this and I haven't missed it at all. I'm sure at some point I'll bang them out On Demand, but this show has certainly dropped way down on my list of things to watch.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I keep waiting for something to remind me why I'm still watching.

No continuity (what happened to Turtle's girl from the car detailing place?). Not much intelligence from any member of the crew. I kept flipping back and forth to ESPN during the episode.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I did like that Turtle got laid.
    But as bad as Entourage is, it is still much better than Flight of the Conchords.
    That show makes Entourage look like genius

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The show is spending far too much time developing Billy Walsh, who is an unlikable prick. I don't care that he's having a meltdown because he can't fuck an actress and doubts himself. He's a secondary character, one that's getting more screentime than Ari.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Seriously? I love FofC. It's awesome, and creative as hell.

10. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

This is the second consecutive post in which I'm enthusiastically agreeing with DoubleDown (seriously, dude, do me a favor and write about the brilliance of Paul Shirley or something.)

But Flight of the Conchords IS brilliant. I'm worried it's not long for this world, since it takes "offbeat" to new limits. But it's genius. The "you could be a part-time model" bit from the pilot was funnier than any single line of dialogue in board fave Studio 60, for example.

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

You're the Hiphopopotamus, Winger, and your lyrics are bottomless. (Hoping you've seen episode three.)

Seriously, Jay, give Conchords another chance. It's really, really smart and funny. Those aren't tears running down my face. I've been chopping onions. I'm making a lasagna. For one.

12. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

They call me the hiphop-potamus, cuz I got flows that glow like phosphorous.

Oh, and one more thing: I checked my Yellow Pages... Apparently you're a registered rhymacologist.

NO OUTING!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted