1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Dino Laurenzi an anti-Semite?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Aug 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That's what Ryan Braun thought in February 2012 when he called around the league asking for support from other players, according to Buster Olney. He said Laurenzi was not only a fan of the Cubs but also apparently of the Third Reich.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9579944/ryan-braun-lobbied-veteran-players-support-appeal-sources-say

At last we have answered the "why" of the conspiracy to frame Ryan Braun. I see him in a whole new light now. He is the Elie Wiesel of MLB. I can see why a man like Bud Selig would feel Braun needed to be silenced.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

We don't know conclusively whether or not Dino Laurenzi is an anti-semite.

We do, however, know for a fact that Ryan Braun is a drug cheat and a fucking piece of shit human being.

3. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Let's wait until all the facts come out.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Nah. Why would we ever want to do that on SportsJournalists.com?

Better to just present guesswork as fact like some folks here love to do.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah, who you gonna trust, Buster Olney's reporting or Ryan Braun from back when he was saying he wasn't using?

Passan adds to the report, saying Votto, Kemp and Tulowitzki were among the players Braun tried to swing to his side.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ryan-braun-tried-to-discredit-urine-collector-in-calls-to-mlb-stars-021053235.html

That takes some chutzpah to call the guy you just beat out for MVP and ask him to say what a mensch you are. Oy vey.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Sensible suspicion.
    You are not some guardian of truth.
    Provide controverting evidence of your own or shut up about this.

7. outofplace

To be clear, I wasn't questioning the report. I wonder exactly how much Braun is going to admit to if he really does speak publicly soon.

I was just making fun of exactly what I wrote about, the tendency of some posters on this site to confuse guesswork with fact. That, and clearly, I was fighting passive-aggressive with passive aggressive.

8. outofplace

Still stalking me, I see. Seek help, fart boy.

9. outofplace

No, I was making a point, the same one I will continue to make.

But you really are stalking. It's getting a little scary.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

You're too dull and stupid for me to stalk.
    I wouldn't if you were the last freak on Earth.
    My hundreds of PM dispatches from you stand testament to your girly-man crush on Fart.

11. outofplace

Great. Then you'll stop parachuting into threads to do nothing but take lame pot shots at me and you'll stop sending me PMs. Wonderful to hear. A real load off my mind.

Now, back to a report that, if true, would show that Ryan Braun was an even bigger dirtbag than most of us could imagine.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

I'm just going to bludgeon the shit out of you when you position yourself as a noble authority on this or other subjects, when it is clear to the membership you are the biggest bloody imbecile on the site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.