1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Democracy a short-termer?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That's a common misconception about the Latin Mass.
    It's very easy to follow along. Missals are provided. They have the Latin on the left page and the English translation on the right. And as you continue to go to Latin Mass, you learn it.
    Also, the liturgy is in Latin but homilies are not given in Latin, because there's no translation provided. A priest is giving a different sermon per day or per Mass, therefore sermons are given in the vernacular.

2. Yeah, that was part odf the reason they got so tough with it, instead of just making it optional, the way they should have. I was one of the last altar boy classes who had to learn the Latin -- "totiusque ecclesiae suae sanctae" bitches! -- and I took four years of Latin in HS, so i can still follow along. I can see where it would be daunting if you couldn't, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted