1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Clarence Thomas dead weight?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pulitzer Wannabe, Feb 25, 2008.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Or, maybe he never says anything you want to hear.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you can find him asking questions or writing majority or dissenting opinions, I'd be glad to hear his erudite viewpoints.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

http://www.amazon.com/Original-Sin-Clarence-Constitutional-Conservatives/dp/0814756409

4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Right, because I said the other five judges were "great." I don't evaluate judges based on whether or not I agree with them. But thanks for putting words in my mouth.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

How many pubic hairs in a pound?

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Well, it's obvious you do. If you put five judges in the "great" category, you denigrating the other four. But other people might think the reverse. Be careful that you don't elevate your opinion to the level where you presume to speak for everyone.
    However, I understand. Arrogance among liberals is a common trait around here.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

hondo,

You found those Clarence Thomas opinions yet? He's been on the court for years. You don't have to wade through and find the most insightful. Go ahead and post them all.

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Again, I didn't say anyone was great. You have a tough time with reading comprehension, don't you?

9. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Yes, remember the ground rules, Beaker.

If a conservative says someone is great, that's because he is great.

If a liberal says someone is great, that because he agrees with him.

And notice, Beaker, that hondo rebuked you because the voices in his head told him you claimed the other five judges were great. He didn't rebuke tony for actually saying that four judges were great.

God, this shit is tiresome.

10. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I know Joe, I shouldn't waste my time here, but hell yeah, it's tiresome.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I encourage anyone with a little time on their hands (and if you're reading this, that means you) to look up some of the opinions handed down from the Supreme Court. The best are the most highly emotional issues, you would be amazed at some of the stuff that is included to back up the opinions while actual "law" and precedent is left on the cutting room floor.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

The man has written hundreds of opinions. You'd best get busy.

Draft saved Draft deleted