1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Bush worth lifetime protection?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Aug 20, 2008.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

What Mustang said. It's lost on Drip, but that just underscores Mustang's point.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Lost one me, too, then. "We" did not hold the opinion in 2003 that the Iraq war was the right thing to do. "We" still do not hold that opinion.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Agreed. I might not like President Stupid, but Preisdent Stupid has also earned the right for lifetime protection for him and Mrs. President Stupid.
    How is not liking a former president any different than liking him? He hasn't earned my personal respect, but the office has.

4. I don't often agree with B_H and sportschick, but I do here. All ex-presidents should have it.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And I am also counting the days until he gets that protection as an ex-president.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I bet you nodded your head in 1998 when everybody was talking about what a threat Saddam was, though.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It wouldn't have happened if someone's father had the nuts to finish the job in 1991.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Considering that the Moron in Chief probably won't be reuqetsed to make any plubic appearances after he thankfully leaves us alone on Jan. 20, 2009, I doubt he needs any protection. Nobody will give a fuck what happened to the biggest fool ever to sit in the Oval Office.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

See, this is what I love about the duplicity of the left. Bush 1 was wrong for not finishing the job and Bush 2 is wrong for finishing the job. Fucked if you do, fucked if you don't.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

While it pains me to actually read your stuff, who said Bush 1 shouldn't have finished the job? Soon as President Stupid took office, yew knew he was goin to uphold his daddy honor...

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Bush 1 was not wrong for "not finishing the job." His stated job was to get the Iraqis out of Kuwait...which he did. He was not going to take over Iraq and get that bad man out of power.

His jackass of a son decided to overthrow the evil man who once threatened daddy's life. And he is responsible for killing more than 4,000 American troops and pissing away billions upon billons of dollars while our national debt reaches new heights and our economy goes in the crapper.

12. StraightEdge

StraightEdge Guest

I don't care who it is, a president is not nobility. After the guy is out of office, he should pay his own way. None of those guys seem to be hurting for money.

(Although, I do believe we need protection from the politicians.)

Elevating these people to something more than what they are -- just men -- is what's wrong with this world.

Draft saved Draft deleted