1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Barry Bonds Facing A Double Standard?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by creamora, May 22, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Barry Bonds is the only one closing in on Hank Aaron's record.

Sammy Sosa's closing in on 600, no one cares. Jason Giambi has fake apologized for something; there is talk of voiding his contract.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Really? You think Barry is a nice guy and you like him? We couldn't tell.

Perhaps he tends to be nicer to people who keep their lips pressed firmly against his ass.

4. creamora

creamora Member

It's more about shoving the smartass noses here up to the cup so they can smell the coffee. Naptime is over.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

How about this? Instead of the disingenuous questions, posed as fodder for discussion, why not come on here for once and state up front, "I think Barry Bonds is facing a double standard"? Then proceed with the broken record that no one else is listening to...

6. creamora

creamora Member

How about you just ignore the posts? Less steps for you to take. Stop wasting your time. If it's not fun, don't do it.

7. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

Smartest thing you've ever said. I think I've found a use for the new ability to ignore posters. Adios, troll.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Assuming it's true, how does this alleviate Bonds from being held responsible and accountable for his actions?

Just beacuse there are white players who are fucktarded cheaters who don't get press coverage, doesn't make Bonds' fucktardization any less meritoriously discussed.

9. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Hey cre-moron:

[​IMG]

Have a nice day!

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Except nobody listens to you because your arguments are primarily based on stating things as fact with no evidence whatsoever backing them up. I jump in, well, because I like to argue. It's fun, though pretty pointless in dealing with you since you never listen to anything anybody else has to say.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

In the race to break Maris' record, McGwire was the bad guy, Sosa was the good guy. Giambi might get fired for speaking out about his steroid use and baseball's lax attitude toward it.

Double standard?

Whatever.

12. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I think McGwire was as embraced as Sosa. McGwire, at the very least, didn't have to endure death threats like Roger Maris did.

Draft saved Draft deleted