1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is anybody else watching CNN.com Pipeline?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Armchair_QB, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

As was mentioned on here last week, CNN has the real-time feed of its 9-11 broadcast streaming all day today. Watching it now and its interesting how much they/we didn't know as the events were unfolding.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

MSNBC is replaying NBC's coverage too.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm watching it. I was thinking the same thing, Armchair. So many things happening at once and the news organizations trying to nail stuff down, weeding through what's right and wrong. Nuts.

4. Armchair_QB

I didn't see any TV coverage that day from about 15 minutes after the second plane hit the towers until I got home from work around 5:30 so I didn't see any of this as it happened on TV.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Tom Brokaw on NBC at 10:46 a.m. on Sept. 11, 2001: "There's been a complete intelligence failure here."

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

CNN was really stumbling over itself, predictably. Talking about a partial collapse of the towers....after seeing the collapse, saying they can't confirm that it is gone even though it was clear from the camera that it had.

7. Armchair_QB

CNN is talking about a report that a second plane is headed to the Pentagon. I don't remember that. And just in the last few minutes have they started talking about a crash in Pennsylvania.

8. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Katie Couric is a fucking idiot.

10:53 a.m.: "It is really shocking."

Fuckin' A, couldn't a 5-year-old babbling babboon have come up with that one?

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Katie "CBS" Couric: "I've never seen anything like this in my life."

Deep thought there.

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Hit you too, eh?

And she's worth millions to CBS?

The news journalism industry is way out of it.

11. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Anyone know when Captain Jenks weighs in on either of these networks?

12. Yawn

Yawn New Member

And they incessantly ask every Tom Dick and Harry: "What did you see?" It's like the tape can't tell you. Imagine their frustration with not being able to contact Washington. Fits, right there in the middle of the floor, I tell you.

Draft saved Draft deleted