1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is anybody else really down about the election, Olympics... everything?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Whatever. I realize life would be better if Obama was declared philosopher-king, but them's the breaks. England is ruled by a monarch -- you might want to check it out.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Yes. Somewhere in some place someone is sleeping in their own fecal matter. Thus people shouldn’t hope that America could be a better place than it is. After all, not sleeping in fecal matter has been achieved!

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Oh, I'm working on it. I don't intend to raise a child in this country.

4. Grimace

Grimace Guest

We're all sons and daughters of immigrants, you half-wit.

Saying things could be improved is not self-loathing. I would aruge your "Everything is fine" outlook is much more damaging than critical analysis.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Once again the answer is "This place is perfect. No need for improvement. If you don't agree, get out."

I'm sorry, but it is ironic that you would go this route and then call someone, anyone elitist.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

This adds nothing to the discussion, the topic discussed, or message boards in general.

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Find someplace better, Solzhenitsyn! We cast you out! To seek betterment is to invite exile! Love it! Then likewise leave it!

8. Terence Mann

Terence Mann Member

How do you know? What was your experience with the alternative like? Maybe it's significantly better.

Not being a jerk here. Just, there's no way you could know, is there?

9. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Guess it depends on how old you are. From what I hear, that little depression they had in the 30s was a pain in the ass.

10. The level of your assholeness (how's that for a word) is breathtaking.

Fuck off.

11. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Touche.

12. Things always could be better. Nobody's arguing that.

But again, things never are as bad, or as good, as they seem.

Draft saved Draft deleted