1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Andy Kaufman alive?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by LongTimeListener, Nov 13, 2013.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

His brother says yes, and that he has a 24-year-old daughter. He officially died 29 years ago.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/andy-kaufmans-brother-says-comedian-655760

This is weird even for him.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Maybe he was troubled by the horrible asp? (Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)

3. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Bruce Lee ain't dead you know. They got him frozen in carbonite down under Chatsworth. They're gonna melt him down as soon as the economy gets better.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if he was alive.

5. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I was only about 15 years old when he "died", so I only remember him as the guy on Taxi and that ridiculous pro wrestling stuff he did.

Were things really at that level where he would need to fake his own death to get away from being Andy Kaufman? I'd think going to an island in the Caribbean and sitting on the beach sipping umbrella drinks the rest of his life would have been just as effective and a hell of a lot easier to pull off.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I have a feeling it's more likely he set up this stuff to keep a hoax going decades after he died than it is that he actually faked his death.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

"Keeping his name out there."

He was a 21st-century thinker.

8. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

"You don't have to fake your death if you want to drop out of celebrityhood and eventually be forgotten."
    -- Craig Kilborn

9. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

We know Elvis is dead, because if he had been alive he would have stopped Michael Jackson from marrying his daughter.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Okay you deathers, prove it with a death certificate.

Draft saved Draft deleted