1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

is a burrito a sandwich?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by leo1, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Stupid

Stupid Member

A Mexican sandwich, I believe, is called a torta.

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

What comes on a Mexican sandwich?

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I will not sit idly by as you America-hating bastards knock Panera.

In addition to the free wireless, there's the cinnamon crunch bagel, which is heaven on Earth, and some unbelievable scenery at lunch hour. My God. It's like stunningly hot businesswomen are genetically predisposed to having lunch at Panera.

Wireless, food, hot women and soda so large it makes the Big Gulp whimper in fear. What else do you need?

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Panera lunch has been a disappointment for me. Actually, you'd think with my raging Starbucks fetish, I'd be into Panera more than I am, but something about their food just seems ... off. Even the Dutch Apple and Raisin bagel and the Cobblestone (sticky bun reconfigured into a muffin shape) are good, but not THAT good. I do appreciate the Wi-Fi, though. But my hot girl quotent is much lower at the ones I've visited.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Thanks for reminding me of the muffin tops. Quality stuff. I do wish they'd make cookies without nuts in 'em, though.

Also, it seems to me the prices are far more reasonable at Panera than Starbucks or other coffee/lunch places. It seems to me that Starbucks polls people on what they'd pay for a product, then doubles it. I can go to Panera with three bucks and get the bagel and the never ending soda.

As for the hot girl quotient, your loss. Great googly moogly.

This thread is making me hungry. And thirsty. And horny.

6. Stupid

Stupid Member

just about anything you can get in a burrito but it's on a roll.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torta

<Jock Ewing>Also, Panera Bread is a female hangout that serves watercress sandwiches. </Jock Ewing>

7. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

how can you hate cilantro? it may be my favorite thing evver... or at least that's what i think anytime i have cilantro

there's another borrito place to try called boloco -- it's a small chain, and i haven't had their regular burrito, but they have a teriyaki burrito with chicken, onions, rice, broccoli and carrots. awesome shit

i try to rotate my burritos. but you can never go wrong with chipotle

8. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I miss Panera. I'd kill for a chicken noodle soup bread bowl right now.

And the coffee is pretty damn good as well.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Depends. How hot is the sandwich?

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Haven't been to a Qdoba or Moe's, but Baja fresh is better than Chipotle.

11. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

I'd say Baja Fresh is way better than Moe's or Qdoba, which really aren't anything special, and Barberitos may be better than any of them.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Sub the French Onion soup here. I don't drink coffee tho, so I'll just get it with iced tea.

Panera's half soup/half sandwich combo is damn good deal.

Good thing Panera is sprouting up here like weeds.

Draft saved Draft deleted