1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Irvin at it again ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigpern23, Nov 22, 2006.

1. I was going to make a joke about him, but that would be kind of like calling Michigan the devil.

2. stevenash

stevenash Member

i do take psychology classes, because i have problems with the phonies in my school, i nearly killed some kid cuz he called my mom fat

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4. stevenash

stevenash Member

what are you doing?? are you mocking me, cuz its not funny

5. Are you Holden Caulfield?

6. Songbird

Not mocking you, Steven Ash, I just thought that sentiment was important to preserve.

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Time for him to go. I like the guy, and he brings viewers, but this type of crap (and similar BS he gets himself into) has got to stop. It's time to bring the ruler down on the knuckles.

I'm sick of all the racist crap, whichever way it goes. Whether it's Jimmy the Greek's nonsense or various black writers or commentators who want both A) Real societal equality and B) Implicit acknowledgment of gentic - based black athletic supremacy (and who don't see the potential philosophical conflicts b/n A + B), this junk has to stop now, on all sides. Anything that can be done to further that end should be done.

When Dr. Irvin comes back with some science to back up his BS, I'll be all ears (and don't bring that ridiculous Taboo style pseudo - science, either. Real science). I'm certainly not advocating political correctness, but if you're going to say junk like this, you better be ready to be called on it. It's like the heavyweight division now. It 'sucks' because a couple of Eastern Europeans have a few belts. Right. We all get the subtext. Just like we all get the subtext when the unathletic white basketball player is hailed as 'gritty and gutty,' while a black player doesn't get the same credit. This stuff is so tired, on all fronts. Irvin's crap is the latest salvo. Enough.

Buh - bye, Mikey.

Gotta go read JW's new column.

8. stevenash

stevenash Member

no, but yeah i just finished that book last week and felt like using that word

9. Songbird

I thought the same thing.

Edit: Steven Ash, Salinger lives about 15 minutes from my house. Want me to set up a meeting? He'll be hard to find, but I'll try.

10. Never should have had him anyway. If they didn't fire him after his sexual assault case... If they didn't fire him after his marijuana arrests... If they didn't fire him for being such a retarded anchor (Tom Jackson's words, not mine)... than why should they fire him now?

11. patchs

patchs Active Member

Hook Irvin up with Michael Richards and put it on pay per view.
    Must see TV.

12. Weird thing about this situation is that someone was acctually able to transcribe Irvin's quotes.

Draft saved Draft deleted