1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Irony so thick you can cut it with a knife

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Jul 13, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

This is so good, I will present it with minimal comment.

So the Red Sox are seeking nominations for the president of Red Sox Nation (you can't make up this up). According to the Sox, ...such media members as Mike Barnicle, Peter Gammons, and Bill Simmons have joined the race.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I nominate:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Not so funny when it happens to you is it? IS IT?!?!

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I fixed my post, fucker!!!

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Sadly, that gave someone at NESN the bright idea to create this ...

http://sox-appeal.com/home.html

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I saw Jimmy Fallon on a NYC street last September and asked him for $20 back because Fever Pitch sucked.

7. OK. I've seen Fever Pitch knocked on here in the past. Hate to say it, but I really liked the movie. Only major issue with it was with the "fans" blaming Buckner for the 86 collapse ...

8. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

[blue]That is truly shocking.[/blue] Simmons? Well, no shit. As for Gammons, it's not like it's a state secret where his personal loyalties lie.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fuck you Doc. I've been covering games longer than you've been alive. You know the Mickey Mantle "novel" authored by Peter Golenbock? I lived all of that, except it was 100x tawdrier than he said. I went ATM on Marilyn Monroe while Mickey watched. So you can fuck yourself. I am done with this. Fuck off and may you have a blessed opening of Captivity coming to a theatre near you day.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Son, you're in for a bad day if you think the opinion of some asswipe from the Suburban Times means jack shit to me. Stick to what you know: 90210, Billy Squier and your poor, rich, drunk mother. Now take it to PM or go fuck yourself, and have a Happy John Bender's Weed is in Johnson's Underpants Day.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Only the thumbsuckers believe that.

I guess much of the baseball media falls in that category.

12. And damn you for citing this great Breakfast Club line ... I know this movie word for word and I now greatly regret never invoking it myself, you bastard. And aren't you a little too young to be quoting 80s flicks ...

Draft saved Draft deleted