1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iraq, four years later

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Mar 19, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

Ibelieve this is the anniversay of this mess. What have we learned?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

That neither the war nor this thread will end well.

3. Hear, hear.

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Mission accomplished!

5. leo1

leo1 Active Member

we have learned that to criticize the administration and/or the war is to give power to the enemy. people now legitimately believe this. whether we win or lose and whether the extremists bring their terror tactics to this continent again, the notion that to criticize a government policy is a form of treason is one of the most depressing legacies.

me, i would love to see bush eventually impeached, then executed for crimes against humanity - largely against their own people. and cheney and rumsfeld should also be on the same gallows. obviously this will never happen but i think their crimes really were that bad.

6. boots

boots New Member

Personally, I've learned there is no such thing as Weapons of Mass Destruction.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Leo, I agree with you. Our shift in thinking regarding criticism of our elected officials is indeed both sickening and saddening. People forget that it's their patriotic duty to question their elected officials.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I think it's safe to say that said shift is thankfully no longer the case.

In 2004, O'Brien was driving us straight toward the Ministry of Truth and the telescreen was beckoning. Three years later, I think the general public has seen enough that our politico-bullshit radar is on high gain.

9. "I don't think it's likely to unfold that way, Tim, because I really do believe we will be greeted as liberators."

Veep Dick, 3/03.

Not a hot enough place in hell.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

he can sit next to this guy:

“We are dealing with a country that can really finance its own reconstruction and relatively soon.” [Paul Wolfowitz, 3/27/03]

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The next great anniversary to celebrate is "the end to major combat."

www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/05/01/sprj.irq.main/

12. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Unbelievable. Absolutely no connection whatsoever to 9/11 and he's still trying to connect the dots to justify the war. Actually, he's not justifying it, he's justifying the reason not to leave.

Why can't we leave? Because of the situation he created by invading in the first place.

Why did we invade in the first place? Because of the threat to the US.

Round and round we go.

Draft saved Draft deleted