1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

iPods--advice needed

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OTD, Jul 31, 2006.

1. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

My son has been saving for months to buy an iPod (nano, I think). My question is, are these things discounted or do you just buy them from the Apple store? And is there any reason he shouldn't buy a nano if that's what he wants? He's 12 and can't afford the big iPod.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I got ripped off buying a used one on Craigslist. That's all I know.

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

They're pretty much going to be the same price no matter where you buy it from. Apple mandates at work. The only difference may be if you get one at Sam's Club or Costco they may bundle it with a case or something.

Right now there are three basic types out there: the shuffle, the nano and the video. The shuffle doesn't have a screen, so you can't see what is playing. The nano has the screen, and the video is self explanatory. The nano replaced the now-defunct mini, which came in candy colors.

The accessories are what kills you. The cases, the different ear buds, the speakers, car chargers/adapters, etc. Don't buy the accessories directly from Apple, because they're expensive. You can get an idea of what's available and the prices at www.ilounge.com.

4. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Costco usually has them at a discount.

Draft saved Draft deleted