1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

iPhone: Should I buy one?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Trey Beamon, Dec 9, 2008.

1. accguy

accguy Member

Go with a Blackberry. Physical keys are much better.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Oh, you think a couple of smilies will get me to forgive you!?!

OK, it will. Damn it!

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Those were kissies. And you even have facial hair.

That should tell you how much I mean it.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I have facial hair and nobody will touch me with a 720-pica pole.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I got my 3G iPhone in Aug? and I love it. I had a Blackberry before, which I give high marks and which I found to be practically bulletproof.

However, the iPhone's ability to switch applications so fast (on phone, check e-mail, map, switch music selection, etc.) with just touches is amazing.

Yes the battery goes down fast but it charges fast too (full charge in 30 mins; and unlike before, batteries do not suffer on number of recharges)

I'm an AT&T person in the SF Bay Area and the reception has not been a problem nor dropped calls except for occasionally.

E-Mail and calendaring with MS Outlook is quick.

The 3G works much faster than the Blackberry that's for sure and its near wi-fi I think.

Its not too big;

The screen for movies is fantastic.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I have facial hair and no one will get within three states of me.

(Sorry, Trey ... can't help with the iPhone dilemma. I just want for my phone to drop fewer calls.)

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I agree. Should I get a Voyager?

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yes! That's what I have. I love it. Get the plastic stickum to put on the cover. Mine's all scratched.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm going to the mall tomorrow to check out the phone. I really like my EnV, so I might just get a new one of them; I hate the EnV2.

10. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I don't understand this. I have a full beard right now and my wife loves it. She would be upset if I shaved it off. And would be pissed if i lost the goatee.

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I've had my iPhone about a year. Loves me my iPhone. I've had dropped calls, but it's always in one spot on the highway, so I've learned not to be on the phone at that spot. Battery life? Never been a problem with me, but I put mine back in the charger every night -- it's right next to my computer, so it's a habit. And I don't baby it, but it could pass for brand new. No scratches, dents... so in my experience the thing can take a beating. I had a Treo before and it looked like it had been to Beirut and back after a year.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

While we're on the subject, I'm seriously considering the new Blackberry.

Anyone have one already and want to weigh in?

Draft saved Draft deleted