1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

iPhone or Blackberry?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Mar 6, 2009.

1. patchs

patchs Active Member

If you want to see the Palm Pre, they'll be showing it off on Jimmy Fallon tonight.

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Get back to me when there's a way to see it without watching Jimmy Fallon. :p

3. CM Punk

CM Punk Guest

I have this awesome Motorola that will make phone calls. No shit. You talk into the fucking thing and people can hear you and talk back. Rad.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yeah, it probably has a rotary dial too. Far out.

5. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

That changed in January. You just need to get the newest version:

http://www.blackberrycool.com/2008/12/gps-now-unlock-for-verizon-blackberry-8130-and-8330-blackberry-bytes/

Google Maps won't support it, but the standard Blackberry nav system works great.

I probably would have an iPhone if I didn't despise AT&T's service. I have the 8830 & love it. The Slacker app is fantastic.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Do you have to ask Sarah to connect you to BR5-49 or can you dial direct on it, Punk?

7. CM Punk

CM Punk Guest

Sarah was furloughed when the rotary dial came out. When it became a success, she was laid off.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

She should have become a journalist, where all employment is safe.

9. micke77

micke77 Member

StormSurge...i've also got the 8330 Blackberry Curve. haven't had it long and haven't checked into all what it can do. but i love it. was wondering how does the GPS part work and the process of setting that up?

10. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

First you need to run version 4.5.0.77. This can only be done via USB cable & the net. (I'd send you a link if I was at a computer, but you can get it from the Verizon site.)

Once that's up & running, just go to Options, Advanced Options & turn on GPS. Go to your Maps app & start GPS.

(I apologize if I forgot a step or screwed something up. This was from memory. I'll try & post a link later.)

11. micke77

micke77 Member

StormSurge...thanks for your help. i appreciate it and will be on lookout if you add on any other suggestions.

12. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I'm confused...
    So VZW unlocked the BB GPS system now?

Draft saved Draft deleted