1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

iPhone or Blackberry?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Mar 6, 2009.

1. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Not sure when this was asked before (I vaguely remember something), but I'm in the market.

I would spend $300 if an iPhone was that much better for what I need:

*Good service
    *Good internet
    *WiFi for my computer (for deadline purposes)
    *Dependable
    *Can't think of anything else

Any suggestions?

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I'm a Blackberry fan. I email a ton from mine and I don't like the iPhone keyboard.

3. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Is the emailing efficient? No problems?

4. John

John Well-Known Member

I've never had any problems on mine. I don't know about the Blackberry's Wi-Fi stuff since I have a wireless card, but I know you can use the phone as a modem.

I've got a Blackberry Curve and I had a Pearl before that and I never had any problems with either.

5. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I've got the blackberry 8830 world edition and love it. Email is a piece of cake and the network is pretty fast. Sone of my friends have iphones and it takes about the same amoint of time in our google races. Either I'm sure is a solid choice.

Actually, I'm posting from berry now.

6. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I have the new Blackberry Bold and love it. It has WiFi and AT&T's 3G. You can download new themes to it to change what the homescreen looks like and e-mailing is not a problem. Get a keyboard with it and it's your own personal computer.

7. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

A separate, attachable keyboard?

8. I too have a Blackberry Curve and I love it. The keyboard is big enough that you get used to typing fast on it. The connection is good (although that will depend on your carrier), the size of the phone is not too big nor too small, and the screen is easy to read.

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I've had an iPhone for about a month now, and it's phenomenal. Some of the applications just blow my mind, and most of them are free.

It's like getting a phone, an iPod, a GPS navigation system, a gameboy, a camera and a portable web browser at once. And unless you need to carry all your music and movies all the time, you don't need to spend more than the $199 for the one with the smaller memory.

I think other than the applications, the difference between iPhone and Blackberry is the bigger display vs. a keyboard with actual buttons. The iPhone keyboard takes a little practice but is really good once you get the hang of it.

Happy to answer any questions.

10. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Most of these devices support bluetooth, right? Well, there are bluetooth keyboards out there.

Just checked, no bluetooth keyboard for the iPhone yet. Here's one for the crackberry.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I have always assumed iPhones were very proprietary. From what I understand other phones or compatible with so many more things. The only thing you'd be missing out on w/other phones is iTunes, but who cares.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Not sure I understand -- compatible with what?

There are thousands of application for the iPhone. I can't imagine what you could need to do that you couldn't do.

Draft saved Draft deleted