1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

iPad me

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I have the Kindle app, which I'm using for two out of my current three textbooks.
    Two things have strukc me over the past year or so:
    1. Why aren't more textbooks offerd this way? (Unfortunately, I know the answer.)
    B. Why is an ebook only a dollar less than a hardback? (See above disappoitnment.)

2. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Finally got the iPad (Merry Christmas!) - the project now is to set it up, hook it up with the wireless printer and the wireless in the house/home office. Because I'm too lazy to go back through seven pages ... what is the best word processing app for the iPad?

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

You'd think textbook publishers would be big pushers for e-books as it kills the used textbook market.

4. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

If a college students were smart, an entire class could pool its money to buy one textbook, have one person scan the pages into PDFs and then share the files. Then it'd be available to use on tablets or laptops for about a buck or two per student.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Anyone have, or know of, a really good day planner app?

Draft saved Draft deleted