1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iowa legislators rebuffed for IA-Ia. State football game tickets

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Jul 10, 2007.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

A pretty amusing story on several state legislators being rebuffed for tickets. In the past, Iowa legislators would get a discount on tickets given to them to watch the Iowa-Iowa State football game. This year, they have to settle for watching the game in Iowa City on the jumbotron, while the game is in Ames. :D

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070710/SPORTS020502/707100397/1003/SPORTS&GID=bdbWVuTIommtOQKKMe982pyoIhilVYDs62RA4aMTU8g%3D

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Re: Hizzoners and Pols rebuffed for football game tickets

Well, have to bend over and get treated like the rest of us?
    Welcome to reality.

3. D-3 Fan

A round of applause for an emerging arrogant control-freakish AD. In other news, I kid you not, Iowa State has commerative coins with Gene Chizik's mug on it. They will use it for the coin flip at every home game.

What the hell is Gary Barta doing in Iowa City? Sippin' lemonade? ::)

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Wanted to preserve that, since in six months you'll be bitching because he cut access for something... ;D

and this graf is telling too... he's going to tweak too much too soon
    The host school sets the ticket price, which is $90 for this game. Single-game tickets in the stadium for Iowa State's six other home games range in price from $40 for games against Kent State and Northern Iowa to $60 for games against Texas and Oklahoma.

5. D-3 Fan

slappy, in case you didn't know, the sumbitch has already made a name for himself since he and his chainsaw waltzed onto the campus. Whacked Wayne Morgan, Bobby Douglas, Dan McCarney, the men's and women's track team coaches, softball coach, told the fair-weather fans to either pay up and support the team or stay the fuck off the wagon, and pissed off a loud-mouth sports talking head on the local station.

Jamie Pollard makes Nick Saban look like an angel, sans the crazed look at the diner while eating Tommy Tuberville's lunch, and looking at Tuberville. Six months don't mean shit to this cat. If Chizik loses to Northern Iowa, he might be getting his walking papers before midnight Saturday night.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

sounds like there's going to be a cure for losing... fire this assclown.
    Pay up and support or get out? This guy's going to be interesting....

7. D-3 Fan

That's why I am a Hawkeye fan. :) That little shit isn't going anywhere as long as Gregory Geoffroy is the school president. He's Geoffroy's henchman and athletic Hitler, while Geoffroy handles the academic side.

I'm surprised BigRed hasn't weighed in on this yet. He hates Pollard so much, he's willing to demolish Hilton Coliseum on top of the guy.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You'll never see BigRed and "weigh in" together. Ever.

9. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

It's safe to say I'm not a Cyclone fan, but I'm definitely not a Pollard fan, either. He's like Jeremy Foley, with all of the arrogance and none of the success.
    $90 for Iowa-Iowa State? That's more than my wife (an Alabama season ticket-holder) will pay for her Alabama-Tennessee tickets this year or Alabama-Auburn next year, and that's saying something.
    I think Pollard is in serious danger of losing the average fan with his edicts and arrogance. I just returned from a 2-week visit to Iowa, and talked with one of my friends, whose family has had ISU season tix as long as he can remember (he's an Iowa fan, smart guy that he is).
    He said his family and others are pissed at ISU and Pollard for the Iowa move, as well as a planned re-seating which will force average people to pay up to keep their current seats (something that's happening all over college football).
    Pollard wants to expand Jack Trice-Wind Tunnel Stadium. Dude better sell out more than the Iowa and Nebraska games before he thinks about that.
    As far as I'm concerned, Pollard is good business for Iowa - he's ticking off a fan base that already runs No.2 to the Hawkeyes in Iowa.

Draft saved Draft deleted