1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iowa HS sets national baseball win streak record

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Jul 20, 2011.

1. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

I did that in baseball back in the 1980s. Started attending the school during the late fall of my eighth grade year and missed some cutoff date for playing Pony League that next summer. Just happened to be by the school one day during baseball practice and the coach told me I could play. Due to summer ball, the schools also field full JV baseball and softball teams.
    By the way, almost all of our varsity games started, I believe, at 7 p.m. so the varsity played under the lights. It was a lot cooler then. The JV games started around 4:30 p.m.
    I always thought summer high school baseball and softball was the norm until I moved to Ohio. Though we occasionally had a rain out and even once had a game end early because of a possible tornado, we never had to postpone because of snow. Snow always seems to claim a few games from my area teams here in the Buckeye State.

Draft saved Draft deleted