1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iowa Caucus Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jan 3, 2008.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Quick.. pick him in a death pool. ::)

2. Tonight's big loser....

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

This is not at all the speech I was expecting from HRC. Very conciliatory start.

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I agree. Edwards just looks so damn fake, even more than most politicians. He just looks like he's speaking for a group of people he has never and will never be a part of ... maybe I'm wrong.

5. Jones

Jones Active Member

Please don't get me wrong guys. I've seen Edwards up close and I'm still showering to cleanse myself. I just thought he sounded pretty fiery there, and I think that's the tone he needed.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Again, not at all the tone I was expecting from HRC. I actually enjoyed her speech. Ew.

7. The McCain love among the national press corps is nothing short of stunning. Hillary's almost mortally wounded because she finished in a de facto tie for second. Romney's toast because he finished second to a guy whose GOTV operation was uniquely suited to this process and this particular electorate. But McCain, the most visible Republican of all, an American Hero, goes life and death with Fred Thompson, whose campaign flatlined a month ago and it's the best damned thing that ever happened anywhere. I remain amazed.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

What'd you expect from HRC? Bill's standing right there. He knows how to play those moments.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Chuck Norris is standing behind Huck.

10. Jones

Jones Active Member

Chris Dodd, we hardly knew you.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Fenian, my ONLY guess is that he did well despite having nothing that the typical Iowa GOPer wants in a candidate. I also think it's an awful lot of spin to say this is a good thing that he ties with a dead guy. But you could also say this allows him to tread water going into the state he's expected to do well in.

12. Jones

Jones Active Member

The press likes John McCain because he's fun to cover. It's really pretty simple. You spend some time in his company, and you're hard pressed to say something bad about him.

Draft saved Draft deleted