1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interviews For Palin's Upcoming Fox News Special Not Recent Or Current

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Apr 1, 2010.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

It very well may be unfortunate, but I honestly can't make myself care one way or the other. I think it's because I almost never watch any form of TV news (not even SportsCenter, if you're willing to call that news). If I want news, I find it in written form. So, I just don't care. Which probably says more about me than it says about anything else.

2. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to cause a ruckus about Palin. She's not exactly the most sane person IMO.
    I feel like neither side is telling the truth and it's somewhere in the middle.
    But I think the celebs are going to go out of their way to make a stink about this because it's Fox and Palin.

3. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Amraeder, You are the second person I have come in contact who says they purposely do not watch TV news (the other person I know like that is sports writer/columnist at a paper in a nearby town) so you are not alone. And you're rght, SportsCenter is no longer news, as far as I am concerned. It might have been in the beginning, but now it's just puffed up anchors who are impressed with themselves and their off-the-cuff irreverent comments inbetween stories and as part of their writing and I can barely stand it anymore.

What the hell ever happened to REAL sports reporting in this culture???

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Tonight on Fox News we're joined by teabagger Kool Moe Dee!

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

ESPN has some women who take the role pretty seriously who far surpass their male counterparts. Heck, if you prepped Rachel Nichols and Michele Beadle for a month, told them to play the news reasonably straight, and turned them loose on the 11 eastern sportscenter, they'd knock it out of the park - and people would watch. It's guys on SC who talk and act they grew a third arm for jerking themselves off. SVP, as smart and reputedly talented as he is, nevertheless performs a self-comment when introducing almost every clip.

6. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Agreed. I will, if I am home and I think about it, try to catch Linda Cohen when she anchors for the reasons you have stated. But about the only time the guys play it straight and don't do schtick is for something like Chris Henry's death, and stories of that sort. The rest of the time....? It's schtick and I can't stand it.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I feel the exact same way, and have for decades. In fact, I always wondered, if you were looking for news, why so many people on this message board turn on Fox, MSNBC, CNBC, etc? If I were looking for news, those dopey channels would be the LAST place I'd turn. They are literally geared to appeal to morons. And morans.

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Which, by the way, CNN has decided recently to be "slant free" meaning they weren't slant-free prior to this (something anyone with a brain already knew) which makes all those years of the Zeke's of the world trying to make -- with a straight face I might add - the claim that there was no liberal bias in the media even more comical.

Or sad.

And celebrities who did an interview with Fox News now whining about it because there is a conservative fronting the show are lying to both themselves and everyone else -- you do an interview with that network, you know who and what you are going to be associated with. Live with it.

9. Cousin Oliver

Cousin Oliver New Member

I loved "Going back to Cali." It was way ahead of its time. When I first heard it, I was totally blown away. I didn't know what to make of it at first, but after a while I loved it.

Heels, tall. Bikini, small. She said she liked the ocean.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Moddy's gonna be pissed when he wakes up from his CBI hangover.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

What's the big deal - when LJ complained his segment was pulled from show.

Luggy have to disagree on most polarizing figure- clearly Bill Clinton retired that title long ago.

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

It wasn't as good as "Pink Cookies in a plastic bag, getting crushed by buildings" or "I'm that type of guy" or "The Bristol Hotel" but it was close.

Draft saved Draft deleted