1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Internet mean-spiritedness hits a new low

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Sep 26, 2010.

1. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

What did the Foo Fighters do to deserve getting dragged into this?

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Big him to talk about them.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I agree this took nasty "humor" to a new low. Mean, nasty and stupid ... what goes around will come around, though.

Oh, and kudos to a fellow Daily Iowan alum for his "What's Your Problem" column in the Tribune. Good stuff by a good reporter.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

FYI, folks, journalism has unfortunately gone in the same mean-spirited direction.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I wouldn't take the time to take pictures of strangers. I don't even take pictures of people I know.
    However, I don't complain about another's right to take pictures or to make fun of people.
    I'm not interested, so I haven't seen the Web site. The fact that it exists does not bother me.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I felt guilty enough when I saw a woman who is at the waterpark, 8 3/4 months pregnant, wearing a bikini with a tattoo of a tiger across her entire belly, and slyly pointed her out to my wife, so we could share a laugh.

Taking a picture of said person and posting it on the Internet is pretty bad.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This has nothing do with with whether someone has a "right" to do any of those things. Of course they do.

It is still repugnant behavior.

8. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

The guy who runs it is 28? What a fucking tool. I could see if it's a college kid, but 28? At what point do you grow up?

9. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Another site that I figure is someday going to cause someone to go postal is topix.com.

I refer to it as a cesspool of stupidity.

If you are not familiar with it, just type in the above and it picks up on your location with all the topics started by the local idiots "so-and-so has VD" "who has the nastiest whatever" "so-and-so has a tiny cock" "this chick screws for money" etc, on and on.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I must admit that some of these sites, like AwkwardFamilyPhotos.com are pretty hilarious. Granted, that's not as mean-spirited as some of the sites that have been mentioned.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Just expressing an opinion.

12. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

A lot of people never seem to.

Draft saved Draft deleted