1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

International & Domestic Travel Question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SoSueMe, Apr 20, 2007.

  1. SoSueMe

    SoSueMe Active Member

    Okay, so we all know Canadians (and Americans, I believe) need passports FOR INTERNTATIONAL FLIGHTS into and out of the USA.

    However, if, as a Canuck, I cross any land border I only need my driver's licence and birth certificate. Once in the USA, can I fly from, say, New York to Las Vegas without a passport because it's a US domestic flight?

    Anyone know?
  2. finishthehat

    finishthehat Active Member

    This answer is essentially worthless because I don't know for sure, but I'd be very surprised if you needed to have a passport for that.
  3. Armchair_QB

    Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

    You don't need a passport for a domestic flight once you're in the country.
  4. Dyno

    Dyno Well-Known Member

    Correct -- you don't need a passport for intra-U.S. travel, but you will need a form of government issued photo ID to get through security. That could be a passport, a driver's license or something like that.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Share This Page