1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interesting plea from Poynter

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moondoggy, Dec 27, 2011.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Not just the Romenesko fiasco but the ESPN "ombudsman" debacles didn't help, either.

2. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

Yeah, it's not been a good year for Poynter. When that donation plea started off with wanting a "do-over," I thought it would address some of the disasters. It did not. I know all organizations are incapable of honestly addressing their own failures and accurately report on its mishandling of stuff, but for some reason it's more annoying in one that's supposed to promote journalism ethics.

3. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Romenesko has been so much better since he parted from Poynter. Back to his old self. Thank God. A daily must read.

4. Rudy Petross

Rudy Petross Member

HERE HERE!! Popeyes used to have a leg and thigh special for 99 cents. I would by 20 bucks worth and hand them out at the local park to the homeless. Cut out the middleman whenever possible.

5. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Maybe lack of diversity is their problem.

Draft saved Draft deleted