1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interesting article on Erin Andrews

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Oct 4, 2008.

1. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Did Phyllis George or Hannah Storm or Leslie Visser ever show favoritism to one team?
    If so (I don't know, because I'm only 30) we've got a comparison here.
    If not, Erin has one hell of a problem with judgment.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I'd go there.

[​IMG]

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think that was post-CBS. Still, it does not look good. Well, it does, but you know what I mean.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Not in the least, but I think I understand what you're trying to say but mangling somewhere between the brain and the keyboard. Kennedy and George, either out of a personal sense of ethics or due to a directive from their employer, put up the appearance of keeping themselves apart from the sport(s) they covered. Andrews apparently either does not understand the concepts of "conflict of interest" and "editorial independence" or doesn't think they're relevant.

Some media organizations --- and I'm thinking of two specific TV sports operations here --- don't see that sort of thing as a priority.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Two that come to mind immediately --- one of which employs Ms. Andrews and one whose primary focus is motorsports.

6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

This "what about the way the men are dressed?" happens any time there's a thread about this, and it never makes any sense.

The "fat fuck" you describe is probably one of 30 men walking into a locker room populated by at least 25 other men. Nobody notices, nobody cares.

It's a different dynamic when a woman walks into a mostly male populated environment, and probably always will be.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Keep digging for a way to justify blatant sexism, dude. It's cute, really. :p

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

If those 55 men would extend that attitude to the women, then this wouldn't be an issue.

It's their problem, not hers.

9. Smasher_Sloan

Putting "FUCKITY FUCK BALLS" on every post is also cute, really.

10. Smasher_Sloan

You know, that's so true, but the real world is often an unfair place.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I know a female reporter who says she gets ketchup on her shirt, too. Egalite.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

On the list of grievious sins of unprofessionalism committed by Erin Andrews, yelling LET'S GO RAYS! ranks about 32nd.

Draft saved Draft deleted