1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interesting article on Erin Andrews

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No. Because that isn't the point of Moddy's thread. It's not about her looks (and I think that was what McGovern was trying to get at_, it's about whether or not she should have sacrificed the perception of impartiality by doing the bit with the Rays.

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

Killjoy.

But, I see your point.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Back on the topic, I think...

Shit, forget some babe trying for a quote from a baseball game, how difficult is it to hear an unbiased report on a debate or the election? Baseball is just baseball. Many people think you cannot receive an unbiased report on the President. This is truly sad.

There is FoxNews and the like, and now we have every GOP supporter calling the media liberal. Which is correct? Are any correct?

Heck, the moderator of the VP Debate is writing a book about one of the candidates.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I think what would really help us in the future, though, is to refer to reporters as "some babe trying for a quote."

6. 93Devil

Point taken, but when you wear what she wears, she is looking for a certain response.

I have posted this on other threads, that when I turn on Sportscenter or CBS, I want to know the score of a game, not to be turned on by a reporter.

There are other channels for that. :)

7. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Suzy Kolber.

8. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Really? What response would that be?

9. 93Devil

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=%22erin+andrews%22&search_sort=video_view_count

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

93D,

I'm going to try to take your comment in the way in which I think it was intended. Could Erin Andrews wear a men's jacket and a button up shirt and a ponytail and still do her job? Yes. Should she have to, to keep disgusting men from leering at her when she's trying to do her job? No.

I don't know Erin. I've never met her, never covered an event with her, don't even know if I know anyone who has. Could she choose different clothes to look "more professional" in your estimation? Perhaps.

But so could the fat fucks I've seen in press boxes with ketchup dribbles on their moobs. The ones who have to wear suspenders to keep their size 56 khakis up. The ones who can't tuck their shirt in because it won't go all the way under their monstrous bellies and into the waistline of said pants.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I twy to lose weight but I just can't :'(

12. 93Devil

I agree Buck, I am digging here.

IJAG, thanks for not going nuts on me, but hopefully I can make my point.

When I was growing up, CBS used to always have one knockout on the desk with Brent, Jimmy and Irv. Jayne Kennedy and Phyllis George never gave me the impression that Andrews seem to give.

Maybe I was too young to remember correctly, but Kennedy and George tried their best to be reporters who were beautiful women and not beautiful women who were reporters. I think there is a big difference in the two descriptions.

Does that make sense?

Draft saved Draft deleted