1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Insurance companies can lick my big toe!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Jun 19, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

My entire bill, full-coverage auto and apartment, is only $65 a month with State Farm. Somehow, I doubt I save much my switching, plus I like having an real-live agent who's 6 blocks away.

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

My age, car, an accident and where I live (a high-accident rate area) were all conspiring with Allstate to help bend me over.

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

You like dealing with people? Hell, I don't think I've ever talked to someone with Progressive. All deals done online.

4. sportschick

Yes, I do. I prefer human contact. It's why I don't bank online and why I have an old-fashioned insurance agent.

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Crazy.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I pay $75 a month with Progressive and have saved $50 a month by moving to a different state.

7. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Well, you're also a girl. I'm guessing you have a clean record and an older car, too. Insurance companies seem to have something against guys under 25 (at the time) who get into unavoidable accidents with what they deem a sports car. Fuckers.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Holy shit. Note to self: Move out west. Pronto.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

reading comprehension is for jerks

10. sportschick

Um, he's not talking to me, MM.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

All you girls look the same to me.

(which is to say I'll fix it)

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Tell them you need to be compensated somehow -- by them paying any interest accrued on a credit card, by a free month, anything -- so you can avoid moving to another insurance agency.

Draft saved Draft deleted