1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Inspirational or "Fat Shaming"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YankeeFan, Oct 19, 2013.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Even if you think she was tooting her own horn a bit too loudly, it amazes me that so many folks would be offended by it, and direct so much shit towards her.

[​IMG]

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Women are allowed to work out and be healthy, but they become sluts if they're proud of the effect it had on their bodies.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

My guess is she's blessed with a body and metabolism that allow her to continue to look like that. So, congratulations to her for having the gall to question the motivation of others who may simply not have won the genetic lottery.

4. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

Being overweight and out of shape is a choice for the vast majority of Americans. You don't have to look like her, but it's incredibly simple to live a healthy lifestyle if you want to.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Did you read the link?

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

I did after I posted. I feel a little chagrined.

But then I see this:

I won't go into details that I struggled with my genetics, had an eating disorder....

And then she goes into details about "binging and purging three times a day, five times a week for four years straight."

I won't even mention how I didn't give into cravings for ice cream, french fries or chocolate while pregnant or use my growing belly as an excuse to be inactive.

Mentions it while saying she won't mention it. SMH.

So, while my original assumption may not be valid, I'm not feeling too sorry for her that she's getting bashed.

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Eh, I think it's rough that she's getting blasted for being a "bully" when she just strikes me as someone who's not an especially articulate writer or completely polished when it comes to manners. My impression of her was that she was basically trying to do a bit of a Jillian Michaels thing, which I don't really view at the worst thing in the world. Some people respond to that sort of kick in the ass treatment, some people don't.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Eight months old? The way that kid is positioned, it looks like he just plopped out of her hoo-ha.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

She just crunched that kid out.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Looks like potentially three different fathers. I wonder if she knows Adrian Peterson.

12. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

My wife's step-sister has three kids, three baby daddies. None of the kids look alike or like her. It's amusing.

Draft saved Draft deleted