1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Insane Cleric Endorses McCain

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Feb 28, 2008.

1. http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/02/27/mega-church-pastor-in-texas-backs-mccain/#more-4374

Denounce him!
    Renounce him!
    Reject him!

Piss off, Timmeh.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm in then.

Hey, wait a minute. Why does he want to let the Jews get half the fun of bombing Iran to the stone age?

Can't we be a little greedy and selfish for once?

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about this guy other than what was in the article, but nothing there puts him in the same universe as Farakhan. Is there something else that makes this even close to paralllel?

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So wanting to bomb the crap out of millions of people (most of whom actually like the U.S.A.) in order to hasten the return of Jesus is a sensible plan to you?

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

C'mon Ace, how can you not be on board for the second coming of Christ?

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Is this like a second coming in a "Godfather II" kind of way or in a "Porky's 2: The Next Day" kind of way? Sequels can be risky. On the other hand, I didn't see the first one, so my expectations can't be too inflated.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sorry. Wasn't looking at it from the proper perspective.

Let's nuke our way to Jesus!

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Well, yeah. That would be the part that Fenian was too goddamned lazy to cut-and-paste, as usual:

But you have a point. He's not in the same universe as Farrakhan. He's much, much crazier than Farrakhan ever was.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Sorry I thought that this thread was about Mullah Omar

10. markvid

markvid Guest

Ok, a nut case endorsed McCain.
    Why does it have to be reported?

11. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Maybe because McCain enthusiastically welcomed the endorsement in a public way.

Or because the media are liberal.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

this could start a trend of dirty tricks - for example McCain party gets David Duke to endorse Obama

Draft saved Draft deleted