1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Inititial reaction: TJ has JD's back

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Nov 12, 2006.

1. And we have a winner, I think.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Well, this thread isn't what I thought it was.

-- JD

3. The Basement

The Basement Member

this is EXACTLY why. dont bet that the cubbies severely overpaid. he reached true FA, and i'm sure ramirez's agent received quite a few offers similar to this when that midnight deadline passed on exclusive negotiations.

And if Boston posted $42 mil just for the right to TALK to someone...could be a good year for some of these free agents

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

As much as we all hope you're right, you'll be wrong.

The dog will get five years at $11 M or more somewhere.

5. Registered_Muser

Registered_Muser New Member

Update: Boras was on radio with Simers and Fred Roggin this morning. Typical spin: J.D. was exercising his contractural rights by opting out, he did so expecting the Dodgers would be his first choice, etc., etc., etc. (Spinning like a top, actually.)

Gee, you think Mr. Tough Guy might have sucked up to Boras' client in print in order to make sure he appeared on the radio show?

Also interestingly, Boras used the opportunity to criticize the defensive skills of Carlos Lee--who isn't his client--while comparing him with Alfonso Soriano, who is. (And they say there's no honor among agents ...)

Draft saved Draft deleted