1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ingredients

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Apr 9, 2007.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Parkaaaaaaay!

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Smart Balance Light is my other secret ingredient ... but that's mainly in the pan, not mixed into the batter.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

'Cinnamon. It should be on tables in restaurants along with salt and pepper. Anytime someone says, "Ooh, this is so good - what's in this?" the answer invariably comes back, "cinnamon." Cinnamon. Again and again.'

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I can't believe it's not butter.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Garlic, fresh if available.

6. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I use this in tomato sauces, beef or veal stew, pot roast, anything in which you otherwise might use a red wine. It is an Italian fruit condiment made from cooked, reduced, unfermented grape must. It's the same stuff that, if fermented, would become balsamic vinegar. It is very thick and sweet enough to eat on ice cream, although I haven't tried that. It adds a richness and taste that I really can't describe. Pricing varies wildly on the Internet. When a local store temporarily stopped stocking it, I saw ridiculous markups on the Net -- up to triple what I'd been paying. This is where I turned, and it's still a fair price:

http://www.ibfoods.com/store/item.asp?ITEM_ID=840&DEPARTMENT_ID=123

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Fresh garlic, black pepper and butter, depending on the dish.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Fresh garlic.

10. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Geese's Pieces and I Can't Believe It's Not Otter.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Garlic just terrifies me. You can be with someone four days after they had some good garlic, and their breath is melting your eyelashes like a blast furnace...AND THEY HAVE NO IDEA!

Horrible stuff.

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted