1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Info on Obama's academic past starting to trickle out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, May 22, 2012.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

http://www.wbur.org/npr/153214284/obamas-harvard-days-began-with-exclamation-point

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

A lot of this stuff, or stuff similar from the same sources, was already in "The Bridge."

We had a big long pissing match on here because CarltonBanks kept insisting that no one from Harvard had ever been quoted or interviewed about Obama's time there. He was hinting that Obama did not attend Harvard or Columbia.

Actually, I think he was merely concerned for the President, who he thought should clear this matter up. For the President's own sake.

3. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

I'm sure tHerE'S a reason why someone would BeLieve such A thing about this partiCular president, just Know it.

4. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

I see what you did there ...

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

My Spidey-Concern Sense is ringing like a fire bell.

6. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Since I live in Hawaii, it's always funny when someone tells me, "No one in high school remembers him." I can always say, "I can talk to his classmates." Doesn't change anything, but it's fun to point out anyway.

7. Dick Whitman

Isn't his high school enormous?

8. Dick Whitman

Plus, I think he's been pretty open about the fact that he wasn't the greatest high school student. He's a bit of a late bloomer, and not afraid to admit it. He had to transfer into an Ivy League school, etc., etc.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't think he even used cocaine. I think he huffed paint, and then there was a point in time where it served him well to puff up the story that he used cocaine, or at least he didn't correct others' impressions that he may have used cocaine. And then when he started campaigning it just became easier to stick with the cocaine story than to backtrack and correct the record that he did indeed huff paint.

That's the likely scenario, at least.

10. Dick Whitman

It is common sense.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Have you seen your midterm grades yet?

Well, I've seen them.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I find it enormously fascinating that we're supposed to accept some strange anecdotes while the actual transcripts are hidden from view as though they were part of the Manhattan Project.

I wonder why that is.

Draft saved Draft deleted