1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indicted DeLay: Liberals like Hitler

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lamar Mundane, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Cue Crickets:

Defend this Conservatives:

The book, “No Retreat, No Surrender,” has generated a bunch of press, but it’s clear that Jewish Democratic activists haven’t read it. Or else they would have jumped all over this graff…

“I believe it was Adolf Hitler who first acknowledged that the big lie is more effective than the little lie, because the big lie is so audacious, such an astonishing immorality, that people have a hard time believing anyone would say it if it wasn’t true. You know, the big lie — like the Holocaust never happened or dark-skinned people are less intelligent than light-skinned people. Well, by charging this big lie” — that DeLay violated campaign-finance laws in Texas — “liberals have finally joined the ranks of scoundrels like Hitler.”

http://www.forward.com/blogs/campaign-confidential/delay-dems-are-now-like-hitler/

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I think people on both sides of the aisle are tired of the "Defend this, liberals" and "Defend this, conservatives" threads.

But I could be wrong.

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

No, you're not wrong.

4. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Right, Next time I'll name thread: Defend this ...

Nothing more stupid than someone comparing democratically elected officials to the worst monster of the 20th century.

But, why should this be a topic of conversation?

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Well, opponents of the current administration have used the same comparison, accusing the executive branch of fear-mongering in the Nazi tradition.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I went to a Holocaust museum yesterday with my mom.

Oddly enough, I kind of don't want to reduce Hitler and Nazism to a cliche or punchline.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I agree, MM.

8. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

DeLay is an oily shitbag who represents the absolute worst of the American political system. He's one guy I hope I never meet, because I wouldn't be able to resist pissing on his shoes.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

DeLay is a puke.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Don't go to it on a day when you're in a great mood ... that's the advice I've gotten from friends who went.

11. I think the old rule about whoever first compares their opponent to Hitler in the debate automatically loses applies here.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Somehow, my wife and I stumbled into the Holocaust museum in Paris ... on our honeymoon.

You want to talk about a Holocaust museum with a difference. In addition to the obviously horrid displays of Nazi sanctioned genocide, there's the added element in Europe of genocide collaboration in the invaded countries, and how those countries live with that legacy. Very depressing stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted