1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indianapolis Coffee Shop Suggestions Sought

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Jul 8, 2014.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Hoping to go to Indianapolis this fall for football, and considering asking old friend to join me, but thought we might find a coffee shop-type place to hang at during one point on the trip. Would be helpful if it were downtown for convenience.

Anybody got any ideas? Thanks in advance.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This dude could you a line break or two, but it looks like a good rundown of what's happening in Indy:

http://coffeegeek.com/forums/worldregional/uscentral/630195

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Try this place. It's on the Cultural Trail. You're also close to a lot of good eats, if you so desire.

http://www.cfcoffeecompany.com/

There are other options here. Bee Coffee on Capitol Avenue is right downtown. The other downtown shops are in neighborhoods surrounding it that are a little more interesting, eats and drinks speaking, than downtown itself.

http://visitindy.com/indianapolis-indy-coffeehouses

4. YankeeFan

Hey Bob, leave the coffee advice to me, huh?

When I start pontificating on journalism, you can start telling people where to go for a good cup of coffee, ok?

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This is outstanding. I can see oop's head crashing into the ceiling now.

6. YankeeFan

It's clear that Bob doesn't know what he's talking about in regards to coffee shops.

I hope he doesn't continue to display his ignorance by responding further on this thread.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

COFFEE BAD GRRRR!

8. YankeeFan

Typical of Bob -- political hack that he is -- every coffee shop that he recommended is on the far left wing of the coffee shop spectrum.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Stop poisoning this thread with your needless personal attacks, you arrogant, assholish dickhead.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

YF, the guy who repairs the coffee machine might know as much about coffee as the guy who fixes the computer that Olney types on about about journalism and baseball. Now if you roasted coffee, that might be a different discussion.

Plus, I'm guessing Bob lives in Indianapolis.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I am trying to imagine a right wing coffee shop.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted