1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indiana student sues over school graduation prayer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by WaylonJennings, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I am. Speak for yourself.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Waylon, everything you say is correct but this kid is going to potentially ruin graduation for his fellow classmates. Is the prayer really going to scar him for life? Just don't listen to the prayer, move on, get drunk, get laid and begin the rest of your life.

For the record, I'm far from religious and can't even remeber the last time I've been around a prayer.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Prom?

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

You're not really responsible for the dumb shit you keep posting under an anonymous handle.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Sorry, graduation is what I meant to say.

7. Point of Order

If it's such a little thing, why don't they just all agree to forego the prayer?

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

They should just cancel graduation and hint that some private party should have a ceremony.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

No problem with that either. To me, it is such a non issue.

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I'm not making an argument regarding the legality of the situation. I'm stating that, in my opinion, adults should be able to listen to opinions opposite of their own without immediately resorting to a lawsuit. It's just another example of a person making a situation about himself. What is so difficult about simply disagreeing with prayer and not taking part in its practice? This affects a lot of other people (possibly a majority) who would like to pray at the ceremony. What's the big deal? I guarantee you this kid sat out of dodgeball, too.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Are you trying to throw a wrench into Waylon's argument?

12. Point of Order

Good one. ::)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.