1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indiana Men's Basketball Beat Writer, Bloomington, IN

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by ChmDogg, May 2, 2006.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

P-N out of Penn State, then to Columbia for grad work for about a year.

All I can say is Bloomington got itself a winner. One of the finest young journalists I've ever worked around.

2. scalper

scalper Member

Any news on this one?

It was like dropping blood in the water and watching the sharks pounce.

Don't be so quick to take the bait.

3. JME

JME Member

Does anyone know what the pay scale/experience requirements are on this one?

4. RazorShines

RazorShines Guest

I know this post is pretty much dead, but I've got to say, in absolute agreement with shotglass, Chris Korman is one helluva writer. I've been working with him (as an intern) since I came on at the HT in August, and he is doing a phenomenal job. IU's soccer program is one of the best in the country, and finally someone at the local paper gives it the attention it deserves. As for the paper being homerish, I can attest that it is absolutely not. Hammel was, to a degree Sutton was, but Wilson and Korman are definitely not. BTW, just ask the SID's if there's a hack at the HT. You're sure to get a laugh.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Sutton was NOT a homer. Anyone who talked with or knew him can attest to that.

6. RazorShines

RazorShines Guest

I apologize. Sutton, to a degree, was perceived as being a bit slanted. My mistatement.

Draft saved Draft deleted