1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indiana Hoosier football Shock/Joy/Possible Disappointment thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I know I'm not the only Hoosier sufferer here. We are shackled to this program, whether it be through birth, location, or actual graduation from the University.

But they beat Minnesoooooota 40-20 today to move to 5-1 on the season. Indiana football and joy are seldom friends, so I want to savor this. Hell, five wins at this point by an Indiana or similar caliber BCS conference school is quite newsworthy.

I look at the rest of the schedule, and I think they'll be hard-pressed to get that sixth win. But for now, I invite other Hoosier football sufferers to share in my joy and . . . optimism.

And I ask: where will that sixth win come from? And will it be enough? If it's Ball State and no one else, that's 6-6 with a 2-6 Big ten mark, and not good enough. But if it's Northwestern or Michigan State . . . .

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

IU still has a football team?

???

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The Hoosiers would be 4-2 had the series with Kentucky not been canceled. [/RichBrooks]

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

This thread can eat my ass.

That is all.

5. John Isenbarger is weeping, zeke.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

One of those wins doesn't count. It was against the Sycamores :D

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Given Hoeppner's death and all that the program has endured in recent years, good for them.

Also, I saw Illinois held on to beat Wiscy? Good for them. Glad to see them on the way up (and it takes some of the sting away from Penn State's loss last week).

8. Ball State is going to destroy IU at Bloomington, even if it wil be their third straight away game.

All the same, I'd rather BALL U than IU.

9. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Wisconsin was quite possibly the most overrated team in the nation prior to today. And Illinois is pretty damned good, especially on offense.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Bubbler says thank you.

11. Birds of a feather ... yada, yada ...

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

He can pound sand, too.

Hockey season starts soon.

Draft saved Draft deleted