1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indiana beat writer, The Herald-Times (Bloomington, Ind.)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Chris_Korman, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

My only complaints about Chris Korman are that he keeps letting his hair grow long even though he's obviously going bald on top and he needs to get away from the Clippers because they just drafted Griffin and, well, it's the Clippers...

Oh wait, wrong guy...

2. Desk_dude

Desk_dude Member

Bob Hammel covered all basketball and football games (unless there was a conflict with games at two places on the same day), did some coverage of minor sports and ran the department, including doing some desk work. He usually had a column and a story in the paper every day. Even when he broke his hand he still produced at least one story a day.

And Bloomington is a wonderful place to live. It has a small-town feel but is close to Indianapolis. And driving distance to other cities.

The scenery is wonderful, including nearby Brown County.

Many people retire and live in Bloomington.

3. Well, it just so happens I do know Andy Friedlander, and let me assure you he's a really good guy.

And no, I'm not him ... oh, wait ...

Never mind.

4. gutenberg

gutenberg Guest

Classic job there Andy ... you are the favorite for the gig.

Quagmire is putting on the heat though with his latest list of names.

How about Delray Brooks? He began his career at IU before transferring.

5. BYUSportsGuy

BYUSportsGuy Member

I echo this comment, but I guess halfway. I got an email back from the HR person saying they received my application stuff, so that was great. Didn't hear from Korman though. Maybe that's a bad thing and I didn't get an interview... it's better than not being told at all, though...

6. GlenQuagmire

GlenQuagmire Active Member

Matt Nover. Charlie Miller. Neil Reed. Greg Graham. Michael Lewis. Tom Coverdale. A.J.Guyton. Kirk Haston. Ricky Calloway. Todd Lindeman. A.J. Ratliff. Randy Wittman. George McInnis.

7. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

This job becomes really fun again when Bob Knight returns to town as AD. You watch.

8. Robbie Eggers. Richard Mandeville. Daryl Thomas. Luke Jiminez. Dan Dakich. Ricky Calloway. Jarrad Odle. Lyndon Jones. Antwaan Randle-El. Steve Hart. Todd Leary. Pat Graham. A.J. Ratliff. Dane Fife. Kyle Hornsby.

I can probably go on all day.

9. And how about an all-Knight transfer team:

Delray Brooks
    Luke Recker
    Larry Bird
    Lawrence Funderburke
    Jason Collier

10. GlenQuagmire

GlenQuagmire Active Member

Larry Bird. Brian Evans. Dane Fife. Uwe Blab. Marshall Strickland. Jay Edwards. Sherron Wilkerson. Luke Recker. Daryl Thomas. Eric Anderson. Lawrence Funderburke. Todd Leary. Eric Gordon. Steve Hart. Pat Graham. Luke Jiminez. Jason Collier. Dan Dakich. Steve Downing. Andre Owens. Bracey Wright. Dean Garrett. George Leach. Jared Jeffries. Butch Carter. Joby Wright. Bobby Wilkerson. (And Bobby Hurley from "Blue Chips.")

Sorry guys. I just enjoy talking college basketball, especially a program as storied as IU.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You guys had your fun? Good. Now how 'bout taking elsewhere and let's leave this for the actual, you know, job?

12. rcsoxfan

rcsoxfan Member

So, what's the latest. I got the email from the hr but not from Korman. Is this good news or bad news? Or does it mean that I'm further down the list than I previously hoped? i.e. the very bottom of the round file as opposed to the second wave of the hand on the delete button?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.