1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indiana beat writer, The Herald-Times (Bloomington, Ind.)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Chris_Korman, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duton

Duton Member

The emo discussion could last for a while, and I'm pretty certain no one hear really cares that much. For a dissertation Moddy, PM me and I'll explain. For the record, I've never worn eyeliner, painted my fingernails, or worn chicks' jeans, and I try not to listen to bands that do.
    The bands I've listened to that could be construed as emo depending on who's defining it were older ones like Saves the Day, Midtown, Jimmy Eat World, Alkaline Trio, Taking Back Sunday ... and yeah, I have a Dashboard Confessional album, which by any and all definitions makes me a dork. I've come to accept this.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

no one HERE, man. All that shitty music has messed you up.
    I'm scared to go outside now.
    After the British Open, my son said Cink's wife looked "a little emo." I wondered what he meant.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Saw a bumper sticker that said something like "I wish my yard were emo so it would cut itself."

4. Moderator1

Now THAT is funny.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah. His kids look a little grungy, too. Stewy looks completely out of place in family photos.

6. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

Getting back to the beat for a moment, Dustin is going to have a blast covering hoops at IU. Especially now that they're locked into the Puerto Rico tourney.

7. Moderator1

He'll scope the town for the best salsa-emo music.

8. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

God, emo sucks parakeet dick. I helped my wife chaperone a high school prom back in May, and you couldn't swing a dead cat by the tail without hitting one of these guys.

9. Terror82

Terror82 Member

You swing dead cats by the tail? Does PETA know about this?

10. joe king

joe king Active Member

Why would they care? Cat's freakin' dead already.

11. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

Oh, they care.

12. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

Tevin Coleman. Brian Caldwell. Troy Mackley. Frank Goomer. Wyatt Sexton. Kevin Cloud. Euchariah “Unk” Allen. Kerry Bonacker. Dale Cleveland.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.