1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

InDesign question

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SportsHack1818, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Not sure if this should be under journalism topics, because it's actually a question I have about a project I'm doing on my home computer, but here goes ...

When using InDesign — which I haven't used for about two years and which I don't remember too much about — how do you crop a picture?

I know how to place a picture in a frame. However, once there, I'm having trouble either blowing up or shrinking the photo inside of it. Every time I click on the percentages in the tool bar, it changes the size of the frame — not the photo.

I can't for the life of me remember how to do this. I've been using Quark the last two years and know how to do it at work.

If someone could please address this really simple and stupid problem, either here or via PM, I'd be grateful.

2. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

click on the photo with the white arrow, grab a corner and hold down ... I think option ... try that

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Yeah, use the white arrow, then hit CTRL-< to shrink the photo. You should see a brown frame, which is the space the photo would take up at its current size.

Draft saved Draft deleted