1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Incredible Jeopardy champion

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, May 28, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Poise is a wildly-underrated attribute in this game. You've got to stay calm.

2. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

To me, she seemed to be fine while playing, but was very uncomfortable during the interviews. I think that would explain a lot about how she came across as creepy.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I am actually watching her demise on Tivo now. Anyone who would risk way more than necessary on "Dutch royalty" deserves what they get. My father is a Dutch immigrant (I have the attendant pain the the ass last name), and I wouldn't touch that category with Bea Arthur's dick.

4. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHA I agree...

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Anytime they head to Scandinavia on this show I'm screwed. I still can't tell the difference between Norway, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, The Netherlands, Amsterdam, The Hague et. al.

6. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

You're not kidding, Dan.

The Netherlands isn't part of Scandinavia. ;D

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

JERRY: The Netherlands is Holland.

GEORGE: Well then who are the Dutch?

8. carlsauction

carlsauction New Member

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Nice mustache.

10. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

11. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

I missed three or four of the questions in DJ last night, and nailed the FJ in about five seconds ("What is T.S. Eliot's 'The Hollow Men'?"). I've always been a musician of some sort, so metronomic skillz aren't that huge of a stretch. I should do this.

Then again, beating my wife at Jeopardy is a leeettle bit different than the real thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted