1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Income Inequality is Good for the Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, May 2, 2012.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A former partner of Mitt Romney at Bain makes the case for inequality:

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Converting the poor and middle classes to slave labor would be fantastic for the economy as well.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The evidence that a significant percentage of the American ultra-wealthy are sociopaths, and stupid ones, too, mounts daily. It's not enough to have everything for this guy, he wants people to say, "I wouldn't have anything without you, you big wonderful lug."
    I read somewhere else today that there's been an increase in rich U.S. citizens attempting to change their citizenship to Swiss because of tax evasion enforcement. A positive development for the economy at last.

5. RickStain

Believing what's best for you is best for everyone isn't sociopathic. It's Human Nature 101.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Wanting to be thanked and praised for your own self-interest is.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The usual suspects at brunch or something?

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Ragu is going to be posting less here as the book tour kicks up.

9. RickStain

I'll remember that during the next thread about how underappreciated journalists are.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

There was a University of Chicago professor a few months ago who made some waves on the Interwebs when he said in an interview that wide income inequality was good for society because it "incentivized" the poor to catch up.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Are the comments posted so far in response to the headline, or a reading of the article?

I don't see any actual references to anything he said, or believes.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I read it. It's bullshit. Maybe that world existed decades ago, but in these days when trading and derivatives and complex financial instruments are their own end, that world is long gone.

I assume that, like his buddy Mitt, this jackhole has significant money in the Caymans. What's that doing for the U.S. economy?

Draft saved Draft deleted